- RS Performance has been in the business of designing and developing high-performance engines and exclusive car production for many years and was started by Russell Savory.
- Russell’s engineering background stretches back to the early ?0s, starting with Burton Engineering and Ripspeed before moving into Speedway.
- Russell also worked on engine development for Kawasaki during the 70s including work on their 24hour endurance bikes.
- The 1980s saw a return to cars and F1, working with Brian Hart during the Turbo era.
- Returning in the late 80s to bikes with Yamaha and then Honda, alongside working on various development contracts, Russell ran successful Superbike teams for both manufacturers. Between 1987 and 1996 his bikes won no less than five British Superstock and Supersport titles along with several TT victories.
- Russell continued to work closely with Honda building limited edition sports bike as well as developing a supercharged single cylinder bike engine.
- Work on the RST ?V8 began in 1993 / 4 but was put on hold until 2002 due to bike racing commitments.
- The original 2.0 ltr V8 weighing a mere 73kgs and giving 380bhp@10,000rpm has now evolved
into a 2.4 ltr V8 with a supercharger option producing in excess of 500bhp@10,000rpm
and is made under license to Mountune Racing.
- Other projects have included engine development on the Rocket car working alongside
Gordon Murray and Chris Craft, Caterham Sevens with various chassis? Caterham 21,
specialist sport / racing cars including Noble.
- Main core business is now focussed on creating exclusive automobiles and
continuing engine development.